Featured Crafter of the Day for April 17, 2006

Katie J Meyers: Buttonpom.com

Tell us about yourself.
I am a 21 year old college student who started sewing at the age of nine as a result of my grandmother's wishes to have someone to teach and pass her handicrafts onto. I was the only granddaughter willing to learn! Now after 10 years of many mistake and much practice, I have started using what my grandmother has taught me to make and sell handbags and accesories. Many of my handmade items are made from vintage/reproduction fabrics that my grandmother has provided me, as well as fabrics that I search out in local thrift and fabric stores. In addition to sewing, I also enjoy knitting, crocheting, quilting, screenprinting, and collecting old craft books. Opposite my crafty side, I enjoy the company of my boyfriend, watching Chinese movies/soap operas, having serious conversations, collecting plants and flowers, and taking naps during the daytime!

What will you be selling at the Craftstravaganza?
handbags, purses, messenger bags, cosmetic bags, pencil cases, wristlets, clutches, and many other accessories!

Do you sell your stuff anywhere else?
yes! http://www.buttonpom.com

Where do you find inspiration?
from my grandmother as well as others who make handmade things!

What's your favorite animal?
cats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home