Featured Crafter of the Day for April 19, 2006

Betz White

Tell us about yourself.
I am a Super Mom, but not in the classic sense. When I am not sewing capes and masks for my 2 little superhero boys, I am felting anything that holds still. My secret identity is posing as a textile designer for the children's apparel industry.

What will you be selling at the Craftstravaganza?
Mostly items made from recycled wool sweaters: Felt covered journals, pillows, baby blankets, and my now "famous" cupcake pincushions.

Do you sell your stuff anywhere else?
My items can be found at a few shops, galleries, and online sites.
Check out www.betzwhite.com for the list!



Where do you find inspiration?
Whether I'm web-surfing, out for a run, or snuggling with my kids, my radar is always on for new felting ideas. You never know where inspiration will find you! My favorite quote:

"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple"

-Willy Wonka

What's your favorite animal?
You'd think it'd be sheep since I'm obsessed with wool....but I'd have to say otters! Otters are so playful and their babies are adorable little fuzzballs. (hey...I think I just had an idea...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home