Featured Crafter of the Day for April 20, 2006

Hellsbelles Designs

Tell us about yourself.
My name is Elizabeth and I love fashion, music and art. My business is called hellsbelles designs because I started with items that had a funky, but fun edge to them. I have collected vintage clothing all my life. I also collect vintage fabric, mostly barkcloth and lots of other stuff. Last fall I started restyling some vintage blazers and everything I made was well received so I've kept at it. I love the idea of taking a good quality piece of clothing that is not longer in style and giving it a new life. Any time I can combine something current with something vintage and make it funky I'm happy.

What will you be selling at the Craftstravaganza?
Restyled clothing for women and men. Lots of fun tops, jackets, dresses, etc.

Do you sell your stuff anywhere else?
I have a website (which I'm will be updating with the spring/summer fashions soon) and I also have items in a boutique - Cliche on 24th and Lyndale in Minneapolis.

Where do you find inspiration?
Just having a feeling for what people are in to and what they would like which is tied into what I like. Trends always cycle around around and I've lived through several cycles already. But, my true love for fashion is the elegance and detail of the 1940s.

What's your favorite animal?
The gorilla. I absolutely love gorillas and my dream is to visit them in Rwanda before it's too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home