Featured Crafter of the Day for April 25, 2006

7two7 glass

Tell us about yourself.
Hi there! My name is Vicki Olson. I am a glass artist who lives in beautiful South Minneapolis. I was born in England, raised in Southern California and have been living here since 2003. I started working in glass in 1999 when I was pursuing an art degree at Cal State San Bernardino; I graduated in 2001.

What will you be selling at the Craftstravaganza?
I work in both blown and fused glass and will have a variety of functional items at the show such as clocks, vases, bowls, necklaces, coasters and barrettes.

Do you sell your stuff anywhere else?
Since I lived in Southern California, I was fortunate enough to get into a few galleries back there as well as the San Gabriel Bead Company.
In these parts, I have work up in Saint Cloud at the Paramount Art Gallery and will soon be in The Space, a gallery opening up in New Richmond, Wisconsin. I also have my own website, www.7two7glass.com

Where do you find inspiration?
That’s a tough one……I really can’t put a finger on it. I get inspired when I go on long drives, taking in my surroundings.

What's your favorite animal?
My favorite animal is my adorable pug, the first dog I have ever owned (I’m 29). I got her as a puppy this last Christmas.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home