Featured Crafter of the Day for June 07, 2006

Tara Burns Designs

Tell us about yourself.
I've been working in kiln fired glass art for two years and just started selling my work because my friends and family said I should. My day job is running my own web design business and working part time for a local arts organization. I also volunteer my time with various arts organizations and am a Board member for the White Bear Center for the Arts.

What will you be selling at the Craftstravaganza?
Kiln formed glass jewelry-necklaces, pendants, earrings, bracelets and rings-and some beaded jewelry.

Do you sell your stuff anywhere else?
Stillwater Art Guild Gallery, The Nest in White Bear Lake, my website taraburnsdesigns.com, mnartists.org, and sometimes right off my body

Where do you find inspiration?
Lately in magazines like Glamour, Crate & Barrel, Room & Board, Communication Arts and art/culture magazines. I use these resources for color trends, ideas for textures and patterns and emerging styles. I have a degree in graphic design so much of work is influenced by the elements and principles of design like balance, symmetry, emphasis and unity.

What's your favorite animal?
The dolphin because they always look like they're having a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home